Today it is more important than ever to give skin the proper, DAILY CARE. The air pollution, chemicals in water, preservatives in food and stress are just a few of the things in our modern environment that may affect the skin. You have more control over the health and beauty of your skin than you might think. It's usually our own bad habits more than our chronological age that takes thier toll. Leading dermatologists recommend turning the following life-style change into a lifetime ritual:
- DRINK MORE WATER, at least 6 to 8 glasses a day. Think of it as moisturizing your skin from the inside out.
- ALWAYS PROTECT YOURSELF from the sun with an SPF 15 or higher broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- SLOW DOWN! When your body is stressed, the skin often has ways of showing it, breaking out in hives or blemishes, even developing chronic cases of acne, psoriasis or eczema.
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP. Skin renews itself overnight.
- EASE UP ON ALCOHOL, which causes dehydrated, dull-looking skin.
- EAT A WELL BALANCED DIET. Good nutrition in general is important to a clear complexion. Plus, the skin requires building blocks to turn over new cells.
- TAKE VITAMINS DAILY. If you're someone who needs supplements, don't skip. Deficiencies, especially of the B variety, can show up as rashes and various other unsightly irritations.
- EXERCISE: Regular workouts improve circulation and flow of oxygen to skin.
- AVOID EXTREME FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. Frequent frowning and squinting can aggravate facial furrows and lines.
- STOP LIGHTING UP. Smoking decreases blood flow to skin and causes premature wrinkling. Studies also suggest puffing in the sun makes sun damage worse!
Enhance the results of your facial and body treatments with good home care based on specially selected professional quality products. Ask your Aesthetician for advice. Caring for Skin Properly at Home One of the most important things you can do for more radiant looking skin is to provide a daily dose of tender loving care. Before putting the makeup on in the morning, follow the steps described below. Consistency is important for positive results, but don't be overzealous. Cleansing more than twice a day, for example, can dry your skin and over stimulate the oil glands. At night, repeat all but use an Intensive Repair moisturizing cream to provide your skin the nutrients needed.
Dermatologists and other experts say it's never too late to undo some of the damage that happens over time, and even turn back the clock on our complexions.
Whatever your skin type, Pevonia Botanica® has the ideal regimen to keep your skin looking youthful and radiant. Pevonia® contains no artificial fragrance, no alcohol, no chemical fillers, no mineral oil, no lanolin or PABA, it is non-comedogenic and non-animal tested.